Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Naughty

Recalled to life

Naughty our pet dog was devoted to my brother. Whenever, my brother used to go out of station, he would beseech him not to go by sitting inside the suitcase. When my brother left, after consoling him, Naughty would wait for him for days without eating anything. After coaxing him a lot he would eat on the third day.

A month before his death my brother came to us. Naughty was very happy. He couldn’t walk a few days before but with his master he had the longest walk of his life! Nobody could have guessed that he was sick. Now that I think of it my mum had said that he was just waiting for my brother to see him for the last time.

In his last days Naughty drew more close to us. He could not walk; even then he would drag himself next to my mother. When he was bedridden, he would whine for us. He did not want us to leave him even for a second. He bravely fought for his life to live with us. Yet God took him away. One day I saw a hole in his grave! For a moment I thought he had come out and would come back home soon!

Naughty however did not see my brother in his last moments. He was gone for about a month when my brother returned to us. I wet my pillow thinking about Naughty and asked him “Would you not come to see your beloved Master?”

Next day I heard my brother say that he saw Naughty sitting by his side in the bed the previous night!

No comments: