Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gabar Singh and Basanti

I first met them on my way back home. I bent over a caressed one little pup on the road. Suddenly I found myself surrounded by five big dogs! I was taken by surprise. They were waging their tails.I realized they wanted to be caressed too! So I patted all of them. among them were Gabbar Singh and Basanti. They were a hit pair together. They always went together every where. From then on every time I passed that same road they would follow me till the end whenever they saw me. I use to give them some snack whenever I could. They would accompany where ever I went on foot. By car of-course they couldn't keep track of me. When Basanti was gone he was alone. He use to enter my house unannounced! I would suddenly find him on the corridor and kitchen wagging his tail.
One particular day we were on our way to a restaurant and he followed as usual. Inside the restaurant he knew he couldn't come so he waited at the stairs. We could see him while we were eating. We took some of the food to treat him on the way back.
When we were shifting from the location he came out of the blue! He hadn't come for a long time! I don't know how he knew but he came to say goodbye!

No comments: