Sunday, January 30, 2011

News Update


My Roadation friend's mother and sister are missing. Our neighbor complained to the dog catchers of Bangalore municipality corporation. He complained that they were a menace because they are littering the place. She lives in the canal outside his house. She had given birth to six pups there. All her pups couldn't survive. Now only she and her eldest daughter live there. It is a warm and secure place for them. The neighbor had blocked their only entry with stones. Now the dogs are shelter-less. Street life is tough they are threatened not only by humans but also by other dogs. They cannot leave their own territory. What is their fault? Except that they were female. They have the right to live and procreate as much as we do. We are a menace to the animal kingdom. I am afraid they might be dead by now. Humans are so inhumane and have no heart! They don't care about their fellow living beings.I can do nothing about it. Except wait for them to be returned.

At midnight sleepless I went in search of them. I found them no where. Then suddenly I had a brain wave! Could they be trapped in their own home? The canal in which they lived was shut. If they are inside they cannot come out as the only exit is shut. So I opened it and waited. Lo and behold who else did we see at the exit... the mother and daughter pair! They were hungry and thirsty being captive their for a whole day. I ran and fetched their food. While my brother closed the exit while they were eating. What else could we do? If we kept it open and they would go in again and get trapped all over again! The old man will close the exit again! All is well for now! Hope to see them tomorrow!

No comments: