Sunday, August 7, 2011

Puppy woes

Suddenly I had a reminiscence of a street pup I tried to save but couldn't save. I found it dragging itself on the road. Its hind-legs were lifeless. Still at had the determination to walk the road of life. Its legs must have been crushed by a vehicle's tire on the street. There was no sign of its mother. So it must have been lost. I put it inside an enclosed field so that it doesn't get run over by any other vehicle. Then I called up an animal welfare for animals called CUPA for its treatment. Perhaps they could provide an alternative for its hind-legs. I had seen on television that a dog with the same disability was given a wheel in replacement for its legs in USA. I wished the same for this poor pup. I requested the doctor to save it. They came and took it away. Only to be put to sleep. The doctor said that the pup couldn't have survived with this. Also he said that they had so many other dog cases that they couldn't look after this disabled pup!It had to be euthanasized. I don't believe it , it had the will to live. No one can take anyone's life. There could have been an alternative. I sent it to its death! I was so sad I could have kept it.

No comments: